Dear Raintree Family,
On behalf of the Elders and the Staff of Raintree Christian Church, we thank you for your patience and presence, both online during our live streamed worship services and in the context of your many calls, emails, and texts of encouragement.
In May, as we prepared to regather for the first time since the COVID-19 pandemic began, we shared with you Matthew 22:37-40 – Jesus said to them, “Love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind. This is the greatest and most important command. The second is like it: Love your neighbor as yourself. All the Law and the Prophets depend on these two commands.”
As our city, nation, and the world grapples with the effects of this pandemic, our hope and prayer continues to be that our combined efforts in learning more about this virus, continuing to serve you as a Christ community, and providing continued opportunities for your spiritual growth and relational connection have been sufficient during such trying times and are representative of our love for the Lord and for one another.
After careful consideration, the Elders of Raintree are planning for in-person worship services to resume Sunday, January 31st at 10:00am. To do so safely, however, the following procedures and protocols will be in effect.
SAFETY PROTOCOLS & PROCEDURES FOR REGATHERING
• Wearing a mask for the entirety of the service will be mandatory for all those age 10 and up that choose to attend in-person worship services
• Social Distancing between households will be expected for all those that choose to attend in-person worship services
• Live Streaming will continue through our current channels (YouTube and Facebook)
• In-Service childcare will continue to be suspended until the overall safety and availability of volunteers for that activity can be ensured
• High-traffic cleaning/sanitization will take place building-wide immediately following each service by volunteers/staff and at regular intervals by a third-party company
We covet your prayers as we begin this new phase, asking God to grant us wisdom in decision making and leadership, grace in our mistakes, and love for each other as we take these next steps together.
Jonathan Lang (Chairman), Al Roberts, Robert Barritt, Kent Lytle